Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: vacation

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:19:15 PDT

>From: [email-masked]
li'o
> that <zi'o broda> does not mean that nothing brodas or any other such
>negative thing.

In order words, "zi'o broda" denies that when "broda" lacks x1, there is 
anything missing necessary to the relationship.

>So, <zi'o xajmi y z> means something like "y has a
>sense of humor about z" (i.e., y has found -- or would find >--something 
>funny

But i thought "xajmi" meant "is funny", not "has a sense of humor about". 
When did that one change?

> It might be that the negative use of <zi'o> so much put foreward by the
>joking maikl might seriously be more useful than the official use, whose
>meaning -- if not function -- can be covered in other ways.

"ckasu" covers "zi'o xajmi" adequately, of course... But alternative ways to 
say the same thing are very useful to have, all the same.
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com