Subject: Re: tertirxu

From: "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:34:32 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Pierre Abbat <phma@o...> wrote:
> >BTW, one of my late male cat's 'hundreds' of names was Raeto-Roman
> >"grisch-cun-stribles" (grij.kun.ctriblys): How could that be 
> >in Lojban? rusytertirxu.?
> 
> Can you explain how to pronounce Rhaeto-Roman? There are some
tonguetwisters in
> that language and I don't know how to pronounce them.

Oh, that's a bit difficult as there are a handful of different
Rhaeto-Roman dialects (they still hadn't been able/willing to gather
into 
one language) with different orthographical rules. I once dealt with
Grischun (Graubündnerisch/Grison?) - see above. I'll have to 
visit the Tonguetwister's site to see the dialect respective.

> >What is /tartertirxu lanci/???
> 
> Beats me. I've never seen a red-and-white tiger. Is it a relative
of the Pink
> Panther?

Me too! It's funny having the tertirxu (or the "tiger mark" as a
lujvo) but seemingly no gismu (or lujvo?) for the "stripes" of the 
star-spangled banner! Would this be too offending for the world's
expected Lojban speakers?! Or should we express this by, say, /
termerlanci/ (x3 is the color/pattern of x1) ;-)

co'o mi'e .aulun.