Subject: Re: Grischun pronunciation was: tertirxu

From: "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:16:45 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <Ti@f...>
wrote:
> --- In [email-masked], Pierre Abbat <phma@o...> wrote:
> > >BTW, one of my late male cat's 'hundreds' of names was
Raeto-Roman
> > >"grisch-cun-stribles" (grij.kun.ctriblys): How could that be 
> > >in Lojban? rusytertirxu.?
> > 
> > Can you explain how to pronounce Rhaeto-Roman? There are some
> tonguetwisters in
> > that language and I don't know how to pronounce them.
> 
> Oh, that's a bit difficult as there are a handful of different
> Rhaeto-Roman dialects (they still hadn't been able/willing to gather
> into 
> one language) with different orthographical rules. I once dealt with
> Grischun (Graubündnerisch/Grison?) - see above. I'll have to 
> visit the Tonguetwister's site to see the dialect respective.

Pierre, the tongue twisters are in Surselva and Vallader. I've put
two sound samples in Vallader (what is syntactically pretty close 
to German!) to my audio sample page (http://www.fa
-kuan.muc.de/AUSAMP.RXML), because it's hard to explain it in
writing: I 
think the different fricatives /tsch/ and /ch/ might be the
"tongue-twisting" hurdles. I'm hopeful having got the correct 
pronunciation. 

co'o mi'e .aulun.

http://www.fa-kuan.muc.de
Traces of Butterflies' Dreams - ***/*™ "Tieh Meng Hen"
My Poetry