Subject: Re: [lojban] Fu'ivla of class MLONGENA

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:41:47 -0400

At 10:49 AM 07/31/2000 -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>I propose a class of fu'ivla with the structure CCVC/CVCV where C/C is not an
>initial consonant pair, none of the vowels is y, and the fifth letter is 
>not r.
>The type of this class is {mlongena} "eggplant". Please let me know if the
>conditions are insufficient or any is unnecessary to prevent misparsing.

Just to forwarn you, regardless of the quality of the word, I have no 
effective means of picking Type 4 fu'ivla out of bulk text (mixed English 
and Lojban) in the manner that I have been using to accumulate words for 
possible inclusion in the dictionary. Thus, only if there is enough usage 
of your words that they are remembered by Lojbanists when it comes time to 
write dictionary entries, or there is careful documentation on your part 
when you actually use them in text (just making these kinds of words up 
doesn't count - unless they are actually *used* in Lojban text/speech, a 
fu'ivla is not Lojban IMHO), your borrowings will be quite transient.

Type 3 borrowings, with the gismu prefix, tend to be pretty easy to spot, 
though we have had a variety of spellings of some words over the years (at 
least ten variations on a borrowing for Esperanto).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org