Subject: Re: [lojban] Fu'ivla of class MLONGENA

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 01:40:50 -0400

At 05:50 PM 07/31/2000 -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>Is there a place where I can find fu'ivla that have been previously used, and
>where Lojbanists can add them?

A list of all known fu'ivla that I found in text through last December can 
be found in the dictionary/working directory of www.lojban.org along with 
lists of all the other words my semi-automated processing was able to pick 
up. They don't have definitions, only frequency counts.

There is no mechanism for collecting words, except that every year or two I 
will do a similar run on Lojban List traffic, and manually weed out English 
words and other things that aren't obviously Lojban words (I might never 
recognize an "mlongena" word, so you can't count on them clearing my 
filtering, though I guess I could look for that particular pattern of 
consonants and vowels.) To get in the dictionary, a fu'ivla will need to 
have some minimum frequency or be otherwise interesting, and of course it 
will need a definition/place structure (which few people have been 
volunteering to work on for the thousands of words already in the language).

If someone wanted to set up a system for collecting word proposals and 
place structures on a Web page somewhere, it is possible that we could add 
it to the Lojban web site (I don't know what kinds of scripting we can do 
on our website, though, so this might have to remain located somewhere 
else). People can also upload word proposals in files onto the Lojban List 
file server connected with egroups, but thus far I am not sure whether 
anyone even looks at those files (or how one tells of people are looking at 
them).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org