Subject: LogFest 2000 starts!!!

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:42:35 -0400

With the arrival of Mark Shoulson at 640PM local time, around three hours 
ago, LogFest 2000 has more or less officially begun. I am hoping/expecting 
attendance between 20 and 25, though not all of those will be serious 
students of the language.

We're already having lively discussion on all manner of topics Lojbanic, 
Klingonic, Esperantic, and who knows what else.

Mark has already mentioned one new idea used by the Klingon group that I 
will pose for discussion by the list while we contemplate it here - the 
idea of setting up skills tests for 3 or 4 or however many levels of skill 
in the language, and awarding recognition of achievement of a certain level 
of skill by passing the appropriate test.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org