Subject: LogFest - nonparticipation in Sunday morning LogFest IRC session

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 05:38:22 -0400

It now being 0530 EDT, only 4 hours before the nominal time for the morning 
IRC session is supposed to start, and most of the LogFest attendees just 
now went to sleep, we have no one who intends to be up and alert enough to 
handle IRC conversation in 4 hours at 0930 EDT (GMT -0400). Since it was 
to have been a short session anyway because of the need to start the 
official LLG meeting at 1030, it is simpler to just say that we of LogFest 
do not plan to be on for the 0930 session (others are welcome to try at 
that time - we are hardly needed to have an IRC chat these days). The 
meeting could be a long one due to many issues to be discussed, so I cannot 
make any predictions as to what will happen afterwards.

On brief news item is that xod, maintainer of the Lojban Web ring, has made 
the commitment that next year he intends to speak ONLY Lojban at LogFest, 
and he is inviting as many other Lojbanists as wish to, to join in that 
pledge and to come next year. (We will have provision for, and expect, 
non-Lojban speakers as well, but if one or a group are willing to spend an 
entire weekend in Lojban immersion, it would be an excellent demonstration 
even for those still learning.)

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org