Subject: Re: [lojban] Advice from a management expert

From: Steven Belknap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:59:16 -0500

The advice seems valid for selling lemonade. I think the analogy to 
auxlangs is a bit far-fetched, however. Lemonade drinkers' devotion 
to the product can be easily measured: a devotee is anybody who is 
paying for the lemonade. But how do we measure the devotion to 
lojban? I don't think this is going to be easy to do.

I find lojban interesting because when I translate an English phrase 
into lojban I discover all sorts of hidden assumptions, ambiguities, 
and errors in my thinking. I speculate that if I were fluent in 
lojban, I would be able to formulate my ideas an lojban, and thereby 
attain a clarity of thinking I fail to attain in English. I don't 
know if this speculation is reasonable or not. Maybe I would be just 
as irrational in lojban.

co'o mi'e stivn
-- 
Steven Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria