Subject: Re: [lojban] le stura be la gihuste

From: Olivia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:39:52 -0400 (EDT)

coi rodo

> I can either upload or directly send you the file, if you would like. I am
> still picking out errors (and recovering from a nasty virus episode), but
> will be done within a few days. The Excel97 workbook is about 3 MB and
> performs quite well. It can also be used to export the data in any number of
> standard formats, including MDB, DBF and WKS files.

> My longer-range project is to compile various gismu subsets, mainly to
> facilitate study (I absolutely HATE Logflash). I already have lists of
> colors, numbers, culture and metric gismu, plants and animals and their
> by-products, clothing, furniture, and a few more lists.

> Output from a spreadsheet can be XML-ized. It may not be a snap, and it may
> require some custom programming, but I assure you, it can be done.

yes, david, it *is* a snap! just harness the power of perl :D it is
great for feeding in text files (spreadsheets are easily converted to
delimited text files) and grinding them out as your heart desires. if you
want any help doing stuff with your .xls data, feel free to ask me for a
quick script. 

i already wrote two scripts to sort the gismu and cmavo lists 
alphabetically (by lojban and by english, respectively -- i could only
find the gismu list sorted by english and the cmavo listed sorted by 
lojban), because i wanted handy print-outs for use during face-to-face
conversation.

all four sorted versions can be viewed/downloaded from my site: 

http://www.sonicblond.com/eng-loj-cmavo.htm
http://www.sonicblond.com/loj-eng-cmavo.htm
http://www.sonicblond.com/eng-loj-gismu.htm
http://www.sonicblond.com/loj-eng-gismu.htm

you are welcome to take the scripts themselves and customize them for
personal use. they are quick and dirty and pretty straightforward:

http://www.sonicblond.com/lojsort-cmavo.pl
http://www.sonicblond.com/lojsort-gismu.pl

co'o,

oLIvian

-- 
I don't want the world. I just want your half.