Subject: Re: le stura be la gihuste

From: "Evgueni Sklyanin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:01:04 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "David Twery" <dbtwery@b...> wrote:
> 
> My longer-range project is to compile various gismu subsets, mainly
to
> facilitate study (I absolutely HATE Logflash). I already have lists
of
> colors, numbers, culture and metric gismu, plants and animals and
their
> by-products, clothing, furniture, and a few more lists.
> 
Some time ago, thinking along the similar lines, I have compiled
a sort of gismu-thesaurus file where all the 1342 gismu are sorted
into various categories and subcategories. Of course, the
classification is as arbitrary and idiosyncratic as any other. Still,
I have found it useful for making a Russian translation of the gismu
list because it is easier for me to translate a bunch of gismu 
pertaining to the same topic and being thus able to compare their
place structures. It is also useful for finding synonyms when 
composing a Lojban text.

I have uploaded the file thsrs.tex into the shared files area of this
list. Please be indulgent: it is only a preliminary version
done in haste, and containing many rather dubious category
assignments. May be, some day, I will be able to make an improved
version, if there will be such need. I am open to your suggestions
and criticisms. 

The file is intended for the use with LATEX2e program which produces
a nice printout formatted into two columns. If you don't have
LATEX you can read it as a pure text file - just ignore all 
easily distinguishable LATEX commands.

co'o mi'e .evgenis.