Subject: Re: [lojban] Just in case you're interested

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:12:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> In a message dated 00-08-30 07:33:24 EDT, elrond writes:
> 
> << I hastily hacked in a little user interface for my translation
> work. ... This is a c++ program for unix systems. >>
> 
> Thanks. But I would be more thankful if you -- and other programmers in this 
> project -- made tools for general rather than elitist users, that is, for 
> MSDOS, Windows and even Macintosh. Remember that there are a 1000 potential 
> users for these for every unix/linux/whatever user and several even within 
> this small Logical Language clique.

Java runs everywhere! (boast, boast!) But his C++, though it may be
written for Unix, can be ported easily enough to Macs. If it's
command-line it might in face work well enough on DOS -- don't quote me on
that. Programming for the Mac is harder than you might imagine.

But maybe it's time you upgrade to Unix! Our velvet rope isn't
price: good Unix is $free!

-----
[email-masked] on design:
How do you get there, do a lot of hard work, breathe, and listen listen
listen. Listen to what the product tells you. Sometimes, if you're really
good at listening, you can hear it speak. Do what it says and shut up.