Subject: Re: [lojban] Just in case you're interested

From: Elrond <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:28:11 +0200 (CET)

> << I hastily hacked in a little user interface for my translation
> work. ... This is a c++ program for unix systems. >>
> 
> Thanks. But I would be more thankful if you -- and other programmers in this 
> project -- made tools for general rather than elitist users, that is, for 
> MSDOS, Windows and even Macintosh. Remember that there are a 1000 potential 
> users for these for every unix/linux/whatever user and several even within 
> this small Logical Language clique.

I do not agree, but I won't bother starting an argument over this point
(flamebait). Additionnally, I just can't imagine programming for
msdos/windows, it is *far* more difficult for me: first I do not have such
systems available for work, and next the hassle required in just
*finding* or configuring programming tools for these systems is beyond 
what I'm ready to put in it. If others want to take the time, fine, but I
won't.

However, I think I *will* get myself involved in some more Java stuff. I
really like Java, but I am still moving from one home to another and the
various computers I have which fast enough for a JDK are still buried deep
in the boxes. Maybe in two week or three.

Regards,
raph

PS: and *please* remember that this program I made is just a quick hack to
start a different work. I thought it *could* be interesting to other
people, but I didn't make it to be.