Subject: Re: [lojban] Just in case you're interested

From: "James F. Carter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:52:40 -0700 (PDT)

<[email-masked]> had a problem making my .procmailrc example function.
I'm guessing here, but it's possible that since he's in a commercial
environment, the system mailboxes are not in the usual location of
/usr/spool/mail/$USER, and procmail doesn't know about the special
location. (At UCLA-Mathnet we also put mailboxes in a special directory,
but we have symbolic links so hardwired /usr/spool/mail/$USER still
works.) 

Try this: Find out the full filename of your mailbox,
e.g. /u/bodhi/m1/mail/jimc (that's mine), and add a stanza at the end of
.procmailrc that unconditionally delivers to that file, like this:

:0
/u/bodhi/m1/mail/jimc

<xod>, let me know if this helps.

James F. Carter Voice 310 825 2897	FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet; 6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Internet: [email-masked] (finger for PGP key)
UUCP:...!{ucsd,ames,ncar,gatech,purdue,rutgers,decvax,uunet}!math.ucla.edu!jimc

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Invent Yourself wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, James F. Carter wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Then create $HOME/.forward containing the line:
> > 
> > | /usr/local/bin/procmail
> 
> 
> Are you quite sure? When I tried it, all my mail went into limbo. I used
> the right path to procmail, too.
> 
> In case I got the .procmailrc file wrong, I tarred it and enclosed
> it. Don't worry, I took the leading period away in the tar, so it won't
> clobber your .procmailrc.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> -----
> [email-masked] on design:
> How do you get there, do a lot of hard work, breathe, and listen listen
> listen. Listen to what the product tells you. Sometimes, if you're really
> good at listening, you can hear it speak. Do what it says and shut up.
> 
> 
>