Subject: Even

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:13:34 -0400

In going over old mails, I came across Jorge Llambias saying had hadn't
found a satisfactory word for 'even', as in 'even the cat wants to go'.

What about

ji'a .ue

?

I think that expresses what I would mean by 'even' in that phrase, to
wit: "also, and surprisingly, the cat wants to go". Another option, for
a different tone, might be:

ji'a .a'u

I also have bitched about this issue in the past, but having noticed
these two solutions, I'm finding that I _like_ the ability to break
'even' into it's component thoughts. After all, the goal, at least for
me, is to not think in English.

-Robin, nowhere near there yet.

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Mistweave's admission was an appalling understatement. His right elbow
had been crushed ... Yet he had spent the entire day in motion ... And
the only claim he made for himself was that the pain was "considerable".