Subject: Re: [lojban] Even

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:49:31 -0400

Robin Lee Powell writes:
>
>
>In going over old mails, I came across Jorge Llambias saying had hadn't
>found a satisfactory word for 'even', as in 'even the cat wants to go'.
>
>What about
>
>ji'a .ue
>
>?
>
>I think that expresses what I would mean by 'even' in that phrase, to
>wit: "also, and surprisingly, the cat wants to go". Another option, for
>a different tone, might be:
>
>ji'a .a'u
>
>
>I also have bitched about this issue in the past, but having noticed
>these two solutions, I'm finding that I _like_ the ability to break
>'even' into it's component thoughts. After all, the goal, at least for
>me, is to not think in English.

One of these days I'll read a whole thread before posting. :) Anyways,
ji'a .ue was suggested at the time, but I don't think the idea of
ji'a+<some attitudinal> was suggested. Going over the attitudinals, I
found a _lot_ that could be stuck with ji'a to give some version of the
English word even. Examples:

a'o
a'u
au
aunai
e'unai
o'onai 

etc, etc, etc.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Despite not getting very emotional about it, the fact that quantum
entanglement doesn't allow transmission of information is probably the
most profound dissapointment I've ever experienced. -- RLPowell