Subject: Re: learning lojban [2]

From: "Garrett Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 16:02:50 -0000

> How do you know you *know* them? You can only be sure when you do a
> complete randomized run (reorder all the words) and get about
95-100% on
> recognition and recall. 
> 
> I also had difficulty remembering the final vowel of gismu. 
> 
> I'm also learning lojban (probably slightly ahead of you), so far I
> haven't used the textbook but will print it out for later
reference. 
> 
> I found the mini-lessons useful, skimmed over the mini grammar and
am now
> on Chapter 10 of the reference grammar. 
> 
> Is there any suggested order of reading for the Reference Grammar
for
> learning purposes?
> co'o mi'e la djon.

I don't suppose i know them that well, but i guess right now i'm at
least trying to get familiar with all of the words so i will at least
when i come across some word i will remember that i memorized it at
one point, and when i look it up again, it will stick in my head and i
will remember it. 

That text book is pretty long though, isn't it? it would take quite a
bit of paper to print that sucker out... I don't think i've seen the
mini lessons or mini grammar yet. I'm reading through chapter 9 of the
reference grammar right now. I think i've prolly forgotten already a
lot of what i read, so i will have to go over it all twice or look
over my notes (i right down all the stuff i think is important so i
don't have to depend on the webpage for reference).

As for an order of reading the reference grammar, well, it's a
reference, so it's not ordered for learning i don't think... but as
far as i can tell the more basic concepts are at the beginning, so
sequential order would prolly work as well or better than any other...

- co'o mi'e la jildicnen

ps the way you signed your name ('djon') rhymes with the english word
'drone'...