Subject: Re: [lojban] Volunteering for dictionary work

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:29:16 -0400

Arnt Richard Johansen writes:
>I've looked through
><http://www.lojban.org/files/draft-dictionary/Working/>, and I'm
>considering volunteering for preparing lujvo for the dictionary. I
>have a few questions though, as to what needs to be done, and how.

Since I'm already working on this (about 30 so far) and have asked these
questions. :0

>1. Is the task to write keywords and place structures of new lujvo, in the
>same format as the current computerized lujvo list
>(http://www.lojban.org/files/draft-dictionary/NORALUJV.txt)? 

Yes. The theory is that when we're done, Nora will go through the list.

>But shouldn't it be changed to look like this in an "ordinary" dictionary:

I'm guessing something was supposed to go here. :)

>2. How should we find out (ma ve djuno) the meanings of the lujvo that
>haven't been defined yet? 

I've just been flailing.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Despite not getting very emotional about it, the fact that quantum
entanglement doesn't allow transmission of information is probably the
most profound dissapointment I've ever experienced. -- RLPowell