Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Get Much Ca$h !

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:16:27 -0400

Rob Speer writes:
>On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 05:08:04AM -0400, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>> Umm, I read that sentence as "Is it true that that sentence is fucking
>> Spanish?". While I can't imagine what the mal is there for, besides
>> random racial slurring, which seems unlikely, I should point out that
>> there is an equivalent English expression, "Beggars can't be chosers".
>> 
>> -Robin
>
>The word 'malglico' means 'derogatively English', referring to a phrase in
>Lojban that seems to have been translated directly from an English idiomatic
>phrase. 'malspano', similarly, would mean 'derogatively Spanish'.

Yeah, I realized that later. However, I think the fact that the
sentence was accused of being malspano when the author had an English
phrase in mind kinda clears that issue up. :)

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Despite not getting very emotional about it, the fact that quantum
entanglement doesn't allow transmission of information is probably the
most profound dissapointment I've ever experienced. -- RLPowell