Subject: Re: [lojban] symmetrie of tenses

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:15:23 -0400

At 08:57 PM 09/29/2000 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>There are some important non-symmetrical features in the tense system -- in
>Lojban as in the world ;().
>For example, the inchoative need not be followed by the event abuilding,
>while the perfective must be preceded by the event fading out. Something
>could prevent even the most verged on impending ... event, prevent it from
>happening at even the last moment. But only an event that happens has a
>perfective aspect.

Is this necessarily true?

There would be be a nuclear winter in the aftermath of WW III, sounds like 
it would be expressed with a perfective, but luckily it is not an event 
which has actually happened.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org