Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: More questions on space (time) - was: Get Much Ca$h !

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 06:34:15 +0100

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 10:35:44PM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> 
> > >1) "one more time" (=pa ji'a roi) malglico?
> 
> This may not be grammatical, though. I don't really
> understand where UIs are allowed and where they're not,
> this may be one of the places where they're not.
> 

It's fine gramatically. You can put UIs after anything. They are
'absorbed' into the preceding token before the main parse begins, so
gramatically this is considered equivalent to 'paroi'. This is step 4e)
of the description quoted below from the grammar.300 file :

e. Absorb all members of selma'o DAhO, FUhO, FUhE, UI, Y, and CAI into
the previous token. All of these null grammar tokens are permitted
following any word of the grammar, without interfering with that word's
grammatical function, or causing any effect on the grammatical
interpretation of any other token in the text. Indicators at the
beginning of text are explicitly handled by the grammar. 

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/