Subject: Re: New lujvo definitions in file area

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:25:39 -0000

"Daniel Gudlat" wrote:

> > ga'ormolsna closed+mouth+sound: consonant:
> 
> I don't like that one at all. For one thing (and I know I may be 
going
> down the picky route here) only one consonant is pronounced with a
> closed mouth (m), and to me, "humming" is the most plausible parse 
for
> this, in that it was the first to come to mind.

How about consonants being "jaksna" (narrow+sound) (sance lo jarki), 
since a consonant is a sound producted when some part of the mouth is 
narrowed. (s1 is a consonant produced at narrow place (of mouth) 
j1=s2, narrow by standard j3 (j2 default)) That way the x2 could 
differential between labials, dentals, velars, etc.

Similar, "vowel" could be "gansna" (sance lo ganra) (s1 is a vowel 
produced at broad place (of mouth) g1=s2, broad by standard g3 (g2 
default)). Likewise, x2 to specify front/back vowels and x3 I guess 
for high/low vowels.

co'o mi'e adam