Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: krefu etc.

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:39:17 GMT

la aulun cusku di'e

>Why not {nancake'u} (nanca+krefu)?

It should be {nancyke'u} or {na'arke'u}. {nancake'u} is not a lujvo.

>What would be "the *annual*
>recurrence" (of what have you, in a cyclic dimension)?

I think a good lujvo for "annual" would be {na'ardikni}:

na'ardikni: d1 d2 (d3=n1) n2(default=1) n3
x1 is x3-ennial in property x2 by year-standard x4.

"annual" by default x3=1, "biennial" for x3=2, "quinquennial"
for x3=5, etc.

It's hard to justify {nanca} by itself for "annual".

>x1 (event) is nancake'u ("yearing"=annually recurring) for the x2-th
>time (number) ...

I still like {detke'u}, it has all the right places.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.