Subject: Of course, they're already working on Klingon.

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 01:00:08 -0400 (EDT)

Time for a Lojban presence in the open software community. 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:08:52 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SOURCEFORGE: Site News and Updates

1. GROWTH OF SOURCEFORGE 
Since its official launch last January, SourceForge has grown to host 
over 10,000 projects and over 70,000 registered users. These numbers 
have been growing at a consistent clip since day one and show no sign 
of abating. We are proud to be of help as the quantity and quality of 
Open Source projects (both hosted by SourceForge and not) continues 
to grow. 

2. INTERNATIONALIZATION 
Last month, we threw open live read CVS access 
(<http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=36816>;) and made a call for translation help as we move to internationalize and localize 
SourceForge. 

The response from the community has been tremendous. We've received 
and implemented language patches in 17 new languages (including 
Esperanto): Catalan, Chinese, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, 
German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, 
Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Thai. 

If you can speak a language not on this list, and are willing to 
help, please visit the i18n discussion forum at 
<http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=36907>; to post your 
interest and email [email-masked] (note: someone's already 
working on Klingon). 

3. JOB OPENINGS 
In the last community update, we talked about our plans to grow the 
infrastructure supporting SourceForge. We're also looking in increase 
our staff, and now have positions open including: engineering 
management, infrastructure management, marketing, and content/design 
management. <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
docid=1037&group_id=1>; for more information.