Subject: literalism [was: Re: [lojban] Re: looking at arjlujv.txt

From: "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:58:21 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "michael helsem" <graywyvern@h...> wrote:
> >From: pycyn@a...
> li'o
> >Literalism
> 
> TO LE SATCI LUJVO SE JINVI TOI

> TOLMELBI FO MA --i can see a good case for, lojbanically, precision
& 
> clarity seeming more beautiful than imprecision...

I'm all other than sure about this well-sounding statement: there are
real horrible-looking (-sounding) lujvo monsters, maybe 
only appropriate for silly machines (sometimes worse than Assembler
encoded text).
I'm pleading for short-/conciseness rather than pedantic
descriptiveness. (That doesn't mean that I do not agree with xorxes.
to 
"respect" the places, or with maikl. to avoid fancy metaphors). Lujvo
should be "convincing" from their meaning and concise to 
keep them in memory (they should become "lokshe").

.aulun.