Subject: Re: literalism [was: Re: [lojban] Re: looking at arjlujv.txt

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 02:49:55 GMT

la xod cusku di'e

>Rug Rats : Kids :: Immaterial Machines : Software
>
>The difference that makes one good and one bad is very cultural, very
>subjective, very personal.

One crucial difference from my cultural, subjective and personal
point of view is that I have no problem in considering software
as members of {lo'i minji}, but I can't really think of kids as
members of {lo'i ratcu}. The first just extends the meaning of
{minji} beyond the meaning of English "machine", but that happens
with just about every Lojban gismu, they usually have broader
meanings than the English keyword. I can similarly see {ratcu}
extended to cover guinea-pigs, for example, but kids?

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.