Subject: Re: RE:literalism

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:51:36 +0200

pycyn cusku di'e

> There are an infinite number of lujvo, too, and tanru are also limited (by 
> human capacity) to a"reasonable size" (in fact, probably less complex than 
> reasonable lujvo, because tanru are longer, by and large).

Each lujvo has only one stress, which makes a long one harder to 
pronounce than the corresponding tanru. (Also 'ke's can be omitted 
at the break between the (sel)brivla in a tanru.) When a lujvo I'm 
making starts to get too long, I generally try to break it into a tanru 
of lujvo.

Still, to aid communication and to avoid malrarbanki'i habits, I try to 
think of tanru in the same way as lujvo.

> we obviously 
> select one meaning for a tanru each time we use it

Irrelevant to your point, but there are some interesting cases that 
can be interpreted in more than one way, like 'glico bangu' (ge glico 
gi bangu lo glico).

co'o mi'e adam