Subject: Re: [lojban] Another morphology question

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:56:45 -0500

Cyril Slobin wrote:

> Let us consider some vovel pair that doesn't form lojban
> diphtong - for example, "ae". Is cmavo "xae" possible?

No.

> Is cmene "xaes" possible?

Yes, and it is the same as "xa,es".

> If answers are different, where is all this stuff documented?

Alas, nowhere. The morphology algorithm (which tells you how to parse
a string of letters, pauses, and stress into Lojban words) isn't
in The Book because there were still corner cases that hadn't been
worked out.

> P.S. It seems that there are some bugs in my lojban.vim because of my
> misunderstanding of all this stuff. Before fixing them I am trying to
> realize what exact rules are. I'm sorry if my questions are trivial or
> boring - all this trifles became important when you are explaining them
> to computer.

No, no, quite correct to ask.

-- 
There is / one art || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
no more / no less || http://www.reutershealth.com
to do / all things || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
with art- / lessness \\ -- Piet Hein