Subject: Re: month names

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:37:47 -0000

--- In [email-masked], pycyn@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 00-10-30 14:11:56 EST, maikl writes:
> 
> << i would probably prefer some arbitrary 12 of the animals for
the 
months >>
> Why not take the (ok, abstractly arbitrary, but culturally fixed) 
zodiacal 
> animals from China. 

rat RATCU horse XIRMA
ox (bovine BAKNI) goat KANBA
tiger TIRXU monkey SMANI
rabbit RACTU rooster (chicken JIPCI)
dragon RAMRESPA dog GERKU
snake SINCE bear CRIBE

this is usable but (1) requires one lujvo; (2) RATCU & RACTU are
too similar; (3) returning to my earlier thought, there really
are only 12 color gismu in lojban, & apparently not just 12 of
anything else, so as an exercise in matching it would be more
instructive to use a list that is comprehensive.

(1) & (2) could be met by choosing different gismu from the
lojbanic bestiary.