Subject: Re: days and dates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:44:02 EST

pier:
<<The place structureof {djedi} is that of a measuring unit: x1 is x2 days 
long
by standard x3. This does not make sense as a place structure for a day of the
week, or a month of the year; the only time we use a day of the week like that
is in &quot;a month of Sundays&quot; (x1 is 30 Sundays long). I propose 
thatthe place
structure of days of the week, days of the month, and months of the year bex1
is the Sunday of week x2, or a Sunday of month x2, etc. So:

le pavyvondei be le bikyjukmasti be le relki'ona'a be'o be'o noi fagdei>>
 
Quite true, but -- despite the way we us the rafsi – Sunday is not a djedi 
but a detri. We use {djedi} and{masti}, etc. to prevent confusion, since 
otherwise both are just numbers, again despite our best efforts to suggest 
other versions.
As for your comment about the place in dates, I can only repeat for the nty 
nth time that the order in Lojban is determined by what is most likely to be 
left out put last, not by some abstract sense of proper order.  So far 
nothing that has been said has changed that (and it has all been said several