Subject: Problematic entries in the lujvo list

From: Arnt Richard Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 13:55:30 +0100

While reviewing the lujvo list, I have come across several entries which
seem erroneous or problematic, and which I don't know quite how to deal with.

For instance, "baljamna" is glossed as "great war", but the place structure
clearly shows that the x1 of "baljamna" is the same as that of "jamna" --
ie. "to be at war with". So the keyword should be changed. "Great
warrior" seems to be more like "balsoi", and "to be greatly at war" seems
to long-winded. Any suggestions?

Then I have noticed that several entries in the lujvo list are more than
one word long! For instance, this one:
limna bravau limna barda+vasru: swimming pool
Should such entries be kept in the lujvo list, or perhaps moved somewhere
else? (A tanru list?)

Finally, I've come across "cfatse", which is intended to mean "sit down".
But "zutse" already means "sit down", so this lujvo is pleonastic at best,
and meaningless at worst. Any ideas as to how to interpret this? (Has the
meaning of "zutse" ever been plainly "sit"?)
-- 
Arnt Richard Johansen | 
http://people.fix.no/arj/ | Arrogance is left-aligned.
[email-masked] |