Subject: cmavo prefixed onto type IV fu'ivla : to split or not to split?

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:13:11 +0000

If the word 'lastamina' is encountered in Lojban text, which of these
ways is it supposed to be parsed ?

lastamina : single type IV fu'ivla
la stamina : cmavo + type IV fu'ivla

or something else?

My gut feeling is it must be the 2nd reading; otherwise, how would they
be distinguished in spoken Lojban? In which case, I think this
eliminates a further class of possible fu'ivla - those that split into a
cmavo + shorter fu'ivla.

(I've just picked an example of the CCVCVCV class of words, which I
believe are type IV fu'ivla according to my reading of the book. BTW
There's no intention to imply we should have this coining!!)

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/