Subject: "common" words

From: "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:01:53 -0000

Recently, I translated an old Chinese text to English - not too difficult, =
but trying to do the same with Lojban, I'm having problems with very 
common terms like: "There was...", "One day..." etc. Could you please assis=
t?

(Here is my first part...)

ª¾µ¦ó³B´M
Where to find an intimate friend
pa se slabu bele zgike pe le pendo po'u le selsau pendo cu te facki vi ma
¦C¤l¡C´ö°Ý¤¤°O¸ü
Lieh-tzu - T'ang Wen Chung Chi Tsai

¦³¤@Ó¥s§B¤úªº¤H«Ü·|¼uµ^¡A
There was a man named Po-ya who knew to play the Ch'in very well.
puzu zasti fa pa nanmu noi se cmene zoi gy. Po-ya gy. po'u la bo,ias. goi k=
o'a .i ko'a mutce kakne le nu zgizu'e la 
tcin.
¥LªºªB¤ÍÄÁ¤l´Á«Ü·|Å¥µ^µ¡C
His friend Chung Tzu-ch'i would listen to the Ch'in and be able to perfectl=
y comprehend its playing.
.i le ko'a pendo noi se cmene zoi gy. Chung Tzu-ch'i gy. po'u la djun,dz,tc=
is. goi ko'e cu mutce kakne le nu zgatirna 
le la tcin. zgike

¤@¤Ñ¡A§B¤ú¼uµ^¡AÄÁ¤l´Á¦b¤@®ÇÀRÅ¥¡C
One day when Po-ya was playing the Ch'in, Chung Tzu-ch'i sat beside him, li=
stening in silence to the music.
ca lo faudje ku ko'a ca zgizu'e la tcin. .ije ko'e tsela'i ko'a ca lenu sma=
ji tinju'i...

.aulun.