Subject: Re: [lojban] common words

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:54:49 -0500

On Wed, 31 Dec 1969, Jorge Llambias wrote:
>la jimc cusku di'e
>
>>Or, tolmirgau means "clarify" in the sense of removing
>>impediments to understanding such as jargon.
>
>I don't have a problem with the same word encompassing both
>senses of bringing from obscure or coded form into clear form.
>The only thing is that your {tolmifrygau} and mine will have
>x2 and x3 places interchanged. ("mir" is a rafsi for minra, BTW)
>
>But what would you use for "decipher", if {tolmifrygau} is
>unacceptable?

I suggest {selmifrygau}, since {selmifra} means x1 is plaintext for x2 in code
x3.

As to {tolmirgau}, does that mean "to reflect diffusely on" or "to reflect away
from"?

phma