Subject: RE: [lojban] Bringing it about that

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:40:01

la and cusku di'e

> > {sisku lo'e plini}
> > does not claim the existence of some planet under search.
>
>No indeed. Does it mean "The typical/average planet is
>such that it is sought"?

I hope not, but yes, that's what the definition of {lo'e}
suggests. I would use {le cnano be le ka plini} for that.

It doesn't seem at all necessary to have a special grammar
category for the concept of average. On the other hand,
it is necessary to distinguish the seeking of planets
(independently of whether or not there are any to be
found) from the situation where there is a planet being
sought. So I just try to give some use to an otherwise
not very useful word.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com