Subject: sisku (was: Re: bringing it about)

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:12:51 +0000

1. PC, your every apostrophe (graphically speaking, that is) shows up to meeither as
a-circumflex Euro-symbol TM-symbol in horrilbe HTML format, or else as G C-cedilla 
O-umlaut in non-HTML. Something is deeply shafted [=screwed, in USEnglish].

2. 
> Ofcourse, none of this applies to {sisku}, which got defined in 
> this messy way inan earlier attempt to avoid the same problem that {tuGÇÖa} 
> finally solve moregenerally, and probably should be moved back to something 
> more natural, sinceit is hard to say what one wants now.-áThe temptation is 
> always to move to some other brivla in these cases.
> -áHope we are not going to get bogged down in this one again.

I'm not clear how {tu'a} would help with {sisku}. Indeed, it's hard to see any
way of saying in standard Lojban both 

There's a book that I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a unicorn.

using one and the same selbri. At least Jorge's nonstandard use of {lo'e} sort
of fixes the problem, albeit at the cost of perhaps some haziness about the 
exact logical meaning of {lo'e}.

FWIW, I would prefer not to seek a solution at all, and to use 
"X troci lo (?) nu X know-the-whereabouts-of Y" instead. Sisku could be left
as it is, to wither, in principle, from desuetude, and, in practice, to become
semantically ambiguous, through misuse.

--And.