Subject: Re: [lojban] sodna klirysilna

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:12:07 -0500

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, michael helsem wrote:
>it's obvious we will have to simply translate chemical formulae
>into strings of letters & numbers, it doesn't do any good to
>coin tanru like "salt-type sodium chloride", "bleach ('white-
>ifying'?) type of sodium chloride" et al because most everything
>we have a word for is not a chemical compound but a mixture of
>chemicals.

How about this?:
sodna klirysilna
sodna klirykijysilna
sodna kliryrelkijysilna
kliryslami
klirykijyslami
kliryrelkijyslami

That tells how many O atoms there are, which the -ate system doesn't (IIRR
chlorate has fewer than manganate).

phma