Subject: Re: [lojban] fu'ivla tarmi

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 06:44:03 +0000

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 11:19:05PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> 
> Almost. A cmavo with final stress *must* be followed by pause,
> for just this reason.

I wondered if this was the fix, however I was worried because it's not
quite what the Reference Grammar (online HTML version) says :

If the final syllable of one word is stressed, and the first
syllable of the next word is stressed, you must insert a pause or
glottal stop between the two stressed syllables. Thus

In this case the 1st syllable of the next word isn't stressed so this
requirement doesn't apply.

Anyway, pausing generally after a cmavo with final stress seems a good
solution.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/