Subject: Re: [lojban] Cultural fu'ivla

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 06:44:04 +0000

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:04:01PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Invent Yourself wrote:
> >Is there a list of cultural/national/language fu'ivla? Should we work on
> >creating one?
> 
> Here are some suggestions:
> 
> magjaro ({madjaro} won't work as the {ma} falls off)
> bolgaro
> labyrusko (a lujvo, and there will be a few others)
> nanslovo

In the Reference Grammar, section 4.16 talks of using fu'ivla of the
form

CCVVCV

for those cultural purposes not covered by the gismu. The corresponding
form

CCVVCy

can then be used as a rafsi to form lujvo.

Is this stuff still considered baselined? In which case Pierre's list
will need transforming into this format. If it's not considered to be
current Lojban any more I'd like to know, as I was going to be building
support for this into the next release of jbofi'e (in terms of the
algorithm to split lujvo into rafsi at least). Clearly this might save
me some work :-)

co'o mi'e ritcyd.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://go.to/richard.curnow/