Subject: "Nickfest" concludes

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 20:29:43 -0500

I am pleased to report the completion of "Nickfest", a 2 day visit from 
Nick Nicholas in which he lived up to his history of unbelievable 
productivity, and also had time to do some local sightseeing.

Most noteworthy, Nick has jump-started several lagging efforts. He has 
committed to assembling and editing a new "Introduction to Lojban" book 
that will supplant our level 0 package for new people. He helped us work 
on identifying other publications that will comprise our packages until 
replaced by published books (level 1 which will become the dictionary, and 
level 3 which will become the textbook). Nora, Nick and I went through 600 
odd words of the lujvo list for keyword identification, and he took most of 
the rest of the list with him to work on during his Christmas 
vacation. Within the next week, I will put up what we have done on either 
the web page or the egroups site so others can see what I have been trying 
to get people to do as the first step in preparing the words for the 
dictionary.

As a side note, Nick indicated to I have been wrong in claiming that he is 
the only demonstratedly fluent Lojban speaker, nor indeed was he the 
first. He says that Goran Topic was more fluent than he was when they met 
on Nick's visit to Europe a few years ago.

We didn't talk a lot of Lojban, nor did we get a lot of sleep. But it was 
a great visit and a lot of fun, with a promise of more great things to follow.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org