Subject: Re: [lojban] #lojban

From: Elrond <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:08:11 +0100 (CET)

> And if you're not in Europe or the US, the servers generally deny you
> access whether or not you're running ident.
I'm glad to learn that I am not the only one in this situation...

> I strongly recommend irc.undernet.org, or irc.openprojects.net (it's
> lightly loaded). Openprojects fits in better with the geek / hacker image,
> I'm not sure that this is the image that lojban wants to present?
I do not recommend Undernet at this time, because first Undernet
is quite often heavily loaded, and second they are facing these last days
a massive DDoS attack which brings the whole IRC network down to nearly
nothing...
Additionnaly, I'd like to note that while the OpenProjects is a
geek / hacker effort, their IRC network is indeed lightly loaded and thus
makes it quite unique. Please do not consider the origin of the "company"
which hosts the IRC network when choosing which one is the best fit
for a stable, long-term IRC channel.

Just my piece of salt.

PS: what is the proper selbri for a relation between a host and the
environment in which it belongs, such as a network ? A selbri that would
mean a subtle compound of "to host", "to contain", "to be part of"...