Subject: Fwd: Your Amazon.co.uk Enquiry

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:11:26 +0000

I'm forwarding a reply from Amazon.co.uk to the effect that LLG's
distribution deal with Amazon.com doesn't generalize to other
Amazons.

[I can't work out how to edit our the irrelevant parts of the forwarded message, which wants to act like an attachment. Please excuse slight consequent waste of bandwith.]

--And.

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:25:26 +0000
Received: from superhawk.amazon.com by com1.uclan.ac.uk with SMTP (Mailer);
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:10:04 +0000
Received: from sportster.amazon.com (mail-relay-3.amazon.com [10.16.42.213])
by superhawk.amazon.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id AE8B6F5B
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:24:37 -0800 (PST)
Received: from cs-jordan.vdc.amazon.com (cs-jordan.vdc.amazon.com [10.30.42.102])
by sportster.amazon.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7A9F420F7
for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:24:34 -0800 (PST)
Received: (from m3@localhost) by cs-jordan.vdc.amazon.com (8.9.1/8.9.1)
id GAA25793; Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:14:40 -0800 (PST)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 06:14:40 -0800 (PST)
From: info <[email-masked]>
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Your Amazon.co.uk Enquiry
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

Although we are affiliated, all orders with Amazon.com are independent
of any orders with Amazon.co.uk. This means that we cannot order items
from another Amazon site for you and that we cannot consolidate orders
across our different sites.

You will notice that there is some crossover between the Amazon
catalogues, some items being available for order at more than one of
our Web sites. Furthermore, you may find some price variation.

There may be some cases, due to fluctuations in availability or
exchange rates, where it will be better to make your order at one of
the other Amazon sites. For this reason, we would encourage you to
continue to shop and compare between our sites and choose the
combination of speed, price and availability that best suits your
needs.

Our US partner site, Amazon.com, only accepts US dollars so the most
efficient way for you to pay is by using a credit card since your bank
will do the conversion for you.

If you should wish to visit the US Web site the URL is:

http://www.amazon.com

If you wish to visit a Currency Conversion site to estimate what your
charges would be, here is the URL of one such Currency Converter:

http://www.oanda.com/

Although you may find that ordering from the US could be more
expensive for you, we believe you will find the conversion and
international dispatch price well worthwhile to finally find a
long-lost book, special US edition or music CD.

We hope this information will be helpful to you and your students. Please
let us know if you have any other questions.

Warmest regards,

Aoife Wynne
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk
============================
A Real Company In A Virtual World

>Date: Wed Jan 17 03:52:34 PST 2001
>Subject: Item available at a.com but not a.co.uk
>To: Info <[email-masked]>
>From: [email-masked]

>I have mistakenly told students that amazon.co.uk stocks
>
>John W. Cowan
>The Complete Lojban Language
>
>but they and I have been unable to locate it the .co.uk site.
>However, it *is* available from Amazon.com. Why should this be?
>Surely one should be able to order through Amazon.co.uk anything I could
order through Amazon.com?
>--And.