Subject: Re: [lojban] New poll for lojban

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:33:01

Well, my old username & password won't work; & they won't let me use my old 
username with a new password, so i guess i'll just post my answers HERE.

>From: [email-masked]
li'o
>What is/are the main reason(s) for your
>interest in Lojban?
>
> o I like the sounds of the language (euphony)
> o I like the internal structure of the language (bridi instead of 
>sentences, tanru, collapsing nouns, adjectives, adverbs and verbs into 
>selbri, having both time and space tenses, etc.)

tugni

> o I would like to see Lojban put to use in a test of the Sapir-Whorf 
>hypothesis
> o I would like to see Lojban put to use in the AI/NLP field (e.g. 
>human/computer-interactions, knowledge database systems)
> o Because of Lojban's cultural neutrality and lack of ambiguity, it 
>should be promoted as an international auxillary language (as a competitor 
>of Esperanto)
> o Because of Lojban's cultural neutrality and lack of ambiguity, it 
>should be promoted as the international language of science
> o Lojban allows me to think differently, or more clearly
> o Lojban is a difficult language, and I want to prove to myself that I 
>am smart enough to learn it
> o Out of respect for James Cooke Brown and the work he put into his 
>language, I wish to
> o I like all artificial languages; Lojban is just one of many languages 
>that I am interested in

cumki

> o Other reasons

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com