Subject: Re: [lojban] UNIX Logflash?

From: Elrond <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:51:03 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> I know this has been discussed over and over, but does a way to access
> logflash from my unix box _without_ emulating DOS exist? Web access
> (Java, Javascript) counts.
I do not know about Web access to logflash. However, IIRC the
sources (Pascal) of LF are available. What you you can try (it *might*
work, however I didn't test it) is to get gpc (GNU Pascal Compiler), libs
that emulate the conio (DOS screen I/O) for GPC (I suspect that several
of them are at least in development), and recompile it for unix.
Of course, it needs some hacking. I'm sorry not to have time to do
it myself, however I think it is feasible.

Good luck,
raph

PS1: the only tough issue is that logflash was not really designed
modularly, and thus a minor functional difference in the conio emulation
libraries will make it look very weird.

PS2: please remember that the dosemu package is more and more ready to
execute dos apps out-of-the-box. (freedos images, the dexe stuff & the
like)

-- 
While Linux is larger than Emacs, at least Linux has the excuse that
it has to be. -- Linus