Subject: Re: [lojban] cmavo frequency?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:59:10 EST

In a message dated 1/31/2001 4:33:01 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Subj: [lojban] cmavo frequency?
> Date: 1/31/2001 4:33:01 PM Central Standard Time
> From: [email-masked] (Robin Lee Powell)
> To: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Is there a list of cmavo usage frequency, the way the gismu file has
> frequency in it?
> 

I doubt it. The frequency for the gismu is for the source words, not the 
gismu themselves (I think) and the correlation between cmavo and anything in 
source langauges is pretty iffy (not that that between gismu and anything in 
the sources is that clearcut). I don't think really accurate frequencies *in 
Lojban* are possible yet, given the instability of the corpus -- and its 
reliance on English et al.