Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Reply, to whom?

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:33:55 -0500

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 04:56:25PM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, John Cowan wrote:
> 
> > Olivia wrote:
> >
> > > a good way to alleviate this problem would be for the moderator to
> > > change the reply-to attribute of the list's posting settings to
> > > "All (replies go to all members of this group)".....
> >
> > For why we don't do that, please read "Reply-To Munging
> > Considered Harmful" at http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> 
> 
> The way you have this list set up, pine offers two options: to reply to
> the sender only, or to reply to everybody. "Everybody" means BOTH the
> original poster, and the list. 

<religion>

Then use a less sucky mailer. http://www.mutt.org/ has a L key
specifically for mailing list replies. Which I sometimes forget to use.
8)

</religion>

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Information wants to be free. Too bad most of it is crap. --RLP