Subject: Re: [lojban] Punctuation

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:23:30 -0500

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 02:20:38PM -0500, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > Getting a little crazy, this thinking could be extended for other
> > wrapper pairs besides lu/li'u, such as le/ku or be/be'o. Yes, the
> > text might look a little LISP-like, but it still think that it would
> > be an aid to the reader. Ignoring practical consideratations for a
> > moment (like: what punctuation would you use or how could jbofi'e be
> > made to understand these synonyms?), wouldn't this make the text
> > easier to visually parse?
> 
> Yes, it probably would. When I'm actually fluent enough to be concerned
> about that sort of thing, I'll get back to you. 8)
> 
> I actually really _like_ the purity of a really small set of characters,
> though. Even if ' is one of them.

To followup to myself, one of the reasons is that it allows simpler
conversion to alternative orthographies, like the Tenguar. However,
you're really talking about aliases, so I suppose that's unfair.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Information wants to be free. Too bad most of it is crap. --RLP