Subject: Re: [lojban] Punctuation

From: "Robert A. McIvor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:21:45 -0500

>On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 06:36:12AM -0800, seidensticker wrote:
>> The tutorials use lu/li'u to mean quote/unquote. That makes sense
>> when speaking (you need to refer to them with some name), but when
>> writing, wouldn't you use "/" or the French «/» ? I'm guessing that I
>> haven't seen that in my limited writing because the tutorials wanted
>> to emphasize the correct terms for "/".
>
>I certainly wouldn't. I _like_ being able to run my writing through
>jbofi'e as a final check-up.

TLI Loglan has always permitted the use of punctuation marks
in writing, though it prefers the French type of quotation mark. It is
certainly not difficult to have the parser recognize punctuation and written
numerals, and, in fact, I have a version of the Loglan parser which does. I
agree with Bob that it makes text more readable.
-- 
Sincerely,
Robert A. McIvor
([email-masked])