Subject: Re: [lojban] Imaginary worlds (was su'u)

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:11:15

la djan cusku di'e

>The ship of Theseus.

Right, thanks!

>But this case is not that
>case. We are talking about whether "T is (and always has been)
>made entirely of plastic" is a possible world (given that T is
>in fact made of wood and always has been). I think it's a self-
>contradiction.

But then so is "T is (and always has been) black" given that T
is in fact brown and always has been. T could have been painted
black, but then it could also have been changed to plastic.
The difference would seem to be one of degree only, since the
change of material is more cumbersome, but other than that both
properties could be taken as contingent.

co'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.