Subject: Re: [lojban] RE: imaginary worlds and the death of God

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:51:16

>From: [email-masked]
li'o
>OK, so all true identities are necessary and, since all predications can be
>reduced to identities,

Not in Lojban, DOI PENDO.

>all truths are necessary truths. Hence, there is only
>one possible world.

In Lojban that IS a logical contradiction...

>All events therefore are determined (could not have been
>otherwise than they are),

I'm not even sure how to SAY "determined" & "free will" in Lojban
(surely not with forms of ZIFRE?)...

>so there is no free will -- even for God (if there
>is one, which there now is not, by definition)

Several, actually: take your pick between JEGVO, DADJO, BUDJO or
the CEVNI of your choice. Or you can LIJDA BEFIZI'O...

-- and so no moral
>responsibility nor any just punishment

MARDE FUZME is sayable & remains for me to be argued out of...
"Justice" is less lojbanical & i think should be the subject
of a future thread... SFASA exists, & so do XAMGU BEFIDA BE'O
SFASA & XLALI BEFIDA BE'O SFASA, like it or not (PE'ICU'I).

li'o
>(And most of our talk is utter nonsense.
li'o

FU'EKA'U LE GLICO NUNCASNU DI'I CFIPU JOI BEBNA FU'O

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com