Subject: Re: [lojban] RE: imaginary worlds etc.

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:21:01

>From: [email-masked]
li'o
>What is relevant is whether I could choose to do
>something different from what I do in fact do.

CUXNA (choose/select x2 from set x3) seems to refer to an
observable action, unless we want to postulate MENLI TE CUXNAs;
(i would maintain TE CUXNA are created by an act of expression MU'E
CUSKU, exclusion MU'E VIMCU, or definition MU'E SKICU).

BRODA ZUKTE does not contain NA'EKE BRODA ZUKTE (pardon my negation,
if this is incorrect usage) as far as i can see; & reasoning about
such, depends on the context, even VA'O LE DRATA CUMKYMUNJE, if
one is contrary enough...

li'o
>since we are not talking about physically possible worlds (some of them 
>have
>different laws of physics, after all) but logically possible one,

KI'ANAICAI! If you say LE BRODA CEI DRATA MUNJE CO CUMKI LE (TI) MUNJE
LOGJI or LE DRATA MUNJE BEFI LE MUNJE (which begs the question less
of what MUNJE LOGJI might mean--) then just maybe we can get
somewhere...

It still remains to be seen whether anything interesting can be said
with these phrases.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com